Thursday, May 29, 2014

INTERESTING SKIES...A CAT NAMED TULIP...RAISING A FLAG POLE


Ray bringing over his 40 foot flag pole from home
I wish I had been out there when he was coming up river in his little 16 foot boat


Remembering my Mom on Mother's Day
It is hard to believe she has not been with us for 14 years

I made myself a lemon pie for Mother's Day
Since our children were not here I decided to spoil myself
My Mom taught me how to make a pie just before I was married

Slipping through the fog


Spotted a few deer on a walk around the island


Joe and I went to the Humane Society to check out  cats
We spent an hour in the 'cat room'
There were 3 cats that I had the lady take out of their cage
In and out
In and out
It was so hard to make a decision
There was Clara
There was Morgan
There was Tulip
Tulip purred and purred and purred
She really wanted to be out of her cage
Finally we decided..........
TULIP


Only one more day and Tulip will join the gang


Ohhhh....the clouds were rolling in


WELL................
The day Tulip was to have her last check-up was not the best day for us or for her
The Vet brought a 'new' Technician with her
The Technician was holding Tulip too tight
Tulip did not like that and scratched the Technician
Tulip had to stay at the Humane Society for
TEN DAYS
IN QUARANTINE
I went to visit Tulip



The fishermen have arrived


A couple enjoying themselves on the River Snye


My first visit to the pond
Looks like this fellow is having lunch


Off to Windsor
Many different cloud formations during our drive


See the Sea Horse????


See the gorilla????


Dinner at Sue's
Sue gave the girls a plant called
Asplenium Crispy Waves............. good for your health and for a better indoor climate
THANKS SUE
(I see tonight that there are a few bites out of the plant)
Not good
Tulip????????


Stopped by the pond on our way home from Windsor


Oh boy
This is exciting
The flag pole is going to be raised




'Dig' the haircut!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if this is a Toronto hair style?


Joe trying to get an extra rope off the pole


The crew!!!!!


Canada flag
Ontario flag


Our flag pole looks really really small ha ha
Flying the British Columbia flag


I was talking to Rod on the phone when this one went by
Had to drop the phone and grab the camera



We have had the craziest weather
It has rained and rained and rained
It has also been 
CHILLY
As I type this we are now having beautiful warm breezy weather
YEAH


The big day has arrived
Ten days are up!!!!!!
We kept telling Gwennie and Bing about Tulip 
I don't think they care 
ha ha ha





My Mother's chair






I was down to Chatham on Monday
Stopped on my way down and back


I found this bird to be very interesting
It was fluttering over the water
I had to take a second look as I first thought there were 2 birds
but it is a reflection









Stretching


Ah...................
There it is
My favourite freighter
This is the first I have seen the Roger Blough this season
****************
I am off to Chatham again tomorrow
Wonder what will be waiting for me at the pond
Sounds silly but I get excited when approaching the pond











6 comments:

  1. Great pictures Dianne. I thought Tulip came from Jennifer's. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say more later BUT I'm thrilled you have Tulip :) What a wonderful life she'll have with all of you !! x0x0x0x0 My love & hugs to Gwennie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pond! You should see the dugouts around the farm. Each one seems home to someone interesting! Love DB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know it is summer when I see photos of the ships! Our spring weather was also awful. But summer arrived with 80 degree temps. (Freeze warnings on a Tues. and 80s on Friday.) I hope Tulip adjusts and does not eat your plants. I will be expecting Tulip stories throughout the summer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy you and your pond. Such great photo ops of wildlife. Your pictures are wonderful. And, yes, I saw the seahorse and the gorilla! Keep it up. Can't wait to see how Tulip fares. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful eye for great photos Dianne and your blogs are lovely. I hope Tulip is fitting in well and look forward to meeting her. I too saw the seahorse and gorilla.. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.