Wednesday, December 19, 2018

ON THE ROAD SINCE SEPTEMBER 29TH 2018

Thanks to Rod I have a new hard drive in my computer
I am now 'in business' to create blogs once again

YES!!!!!!!

Before leaving for British Columbia we took a quick trip to Connecticut to visit with Joe's sister Alice and family

Mystic Seaport

The old and the new



A few days before we left Chatham we enjoyed the Plowing Match in  Pain Court
This was my first plowing match
Fascinating to watch the horses
One gentleman we talked to said....
The horses love to participate

FISHER ANCESTRY

I have been in touch with a 'Fisher' relative
DOROTHY
Dorothy, my friend Peggy and I took a ride in the countryside
Dorothy was at the wheel (93 years old)
She took us to the AGAR laneway where my Great Grandmother Sarah Agar 's
family farm was so many years ago
She took us to the farm where my Grandfather Jack Fisher grew up
She took us to the original farm land of
 JOHN FISHER
She took us to the Arnold Cemetery where there are many Fisher and Agar headstones
What a wonderful day!

on the road

We are heading west


Always on the look out for horse photos for Devonna

I heard Joe say...….
Look up look up
By the time I looked up the plane had passed the moon

Time for a drink at the local watering hole

This looks like a painting to me

BRITISH COLUMBIA


Tightrope Winery

Always the best when I get to see Ethan in the arena

On our way to Whistler
Seton Lake near Lillooet
One of my favourite photo stops


Gwendolyn and Vivien greeting each other


Iris O'Rourke

Jennifer took us to the Fairmont golf course to see if we could see a bear or two

Our first sighting


The bear started to come our way
I kept saying
Ok.....time to go
Ok.....time to go
OK......TIME TO GO

I did have my long lens with me

Back to Penticton
The wine shop

Papa Joe's handy work


HARVEST TIME
Garen


I walked into the winery
I could hear noises but could not see anyone
Hello...…..?????
HA HA

You can always count on Hunter and Lucy to keep the pickers company

November 15th we were on the road once again

California here we come
























4 comments:

  1. Great stuff as per usual Dianne. Feel like we are on the drive with you folks. Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW AWESOME TO HAVE YOUR BLOG BACK !! Absolutely love every photo and many are keepers ! Thank you for the photo of precious Gwennie <3 Much love & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Dianne. Especially the horse ones. 😊 We are looking forward to seeing you both tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved every minute of it.Makes me smile
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.