Sunday, May 27, 2012

BIRDS AND TWO PETS

It has been quite interesting watching the different birds here on the island

We have a pair of Baltimore Orioles
that have stopped by on their way north

Female

Male

These swans were swimming just off the dock
I am always looking for pictures that have 'two of something'
This would make a good anniversary card

A white crowned sparrow


Red Bellied Woodpecker


Bing took a walk on the wild side!

Peek-a-boo I see you

A Hooded Warbler


Gwendolyn is in the boat and ready to go

On my way to Chatham I stopped by 'the pond' to check out
the swans and herons


The heron was very patient waiting for lunch


The bird would wait and wait then pounce


Patience paid off!


Moving on


A pair of ducks oblivious to what was going on


On my way home I stopped at the pond once again
The family of swans were no where to be found
however
much to my delight I came upon another family
swimming in the St. Clair River

I got our of my car with camera in hand
and entertained myself before heading back to the island

A good day!































5 comments:

  1. These pictures are awesome !! Worthy of being compiled in an aviary book. Yes even with Bing and our precious Gwennie :) She looks really good. Please give her hugs and love from me. xoxoxox The pictures of the two swans together are breathtaking. The orioles sure are colourful as is the woodpecker. Thank you for taking us along on your nature hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the swans and, yes indeed, the photo of the pair of them would make a great anniversary card.
    Looking forward to seeing you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the swan pictures. Gweenie's life jacket is so cute! How is Gweenie doing, by the way? Has she recovered from Valley Fever? I am hoping to be able to sit in my back yard more often next month and enjoy the birds. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne, I'll try again to leave a comment. Oftentimes when I do, they seem to disappear! As usual, love your photos and commentary. The colors of the birds are beautiful, thanks to the beautiful photographer. Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures Diane!! Nice to see Gweenie, hope she is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.