Sunday, May 6, 2012

WEEK THREE IN PENTCITON

Today I downloaded photos from the past month
I am excited to say I have enough photos for at least four blogs
I think I may be back in business once again!!

Thursday April 12th we headed to Langley with Ethan to a hockey tournament
He along with his friend Sam were playing on a Kelowna spring team called Kelowna Heat
This was something new for Granny and Papa
staying in a hotel with a hockey team!
We wern't quite sure of the ropes
Texted our daughter Stephanie......you know
The boy's Mom
HELP
Give us some pointers
Give us some guidelines
HA
Happy to say
We survived
and
Had a great time
Our daughter Jennifer came down on Saturday and stayed the night with us
Meanwhile Lyndsay's Mom came down to Penticton to stay with Garen and the pets for the four days
Gail's daughter was away so she also had her daughter's two dogs as well as her dog Nanook
SO...........
She had one grandchild
Five dogs
Three cats
They all managed just fine!!!!!

Collision at centre ice
The boys got right up!!!!!

Kelowna Heat did well
They ended up second in their division

Spotted this truck on our way to the rink

 I took Garen to swimming lessons
His Mom had told me he did  not like to get his face wet
Each session I could see where he was getting a little bit more comfortable
As I was watching him at
'my last session' 
Garen surprised me
Not just a little bit
but
a lot!!!!!!!!!!
I jumped right out of my chair
OMG....I said to the lady sitting beside me
Garen went under water!!!!!!!!!!!!
Garen went under water!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ask me if I was excited???????????
I WAS REALLY EXCITED

Way to go Garen!!!!!!

I walked into the den with my camera
I said
Smile for Mom




I said to Sweet Pea
Smile for Lyndsay

Ha-Ha

Garen and I went out on the back deck to check out the rainbow

The sky continually entertained us


We were treated to another rainbow

Each night after the boys were tucked in bed Hunter
would join us downstairs
Of course Gwendolyn was already there with Joe!

Garen helping Papa build a vegetable garden for Mom

TO BE CONTINUTED............

















4 comments:

  1. What a nice experience to have the grandchildren all to yourself.....and, how wonderful for the kids to be able to leave the grandchildren with grandma and grandpa and not have to worry about them. I know how much you and Joe both enjoyed that time together.

    Devonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news ! More photos for more blogs !! Keep them coming Dianne :) I get to travel and experience things and see sights in the comfort of my chair. I usually learn something as well. Lovely time with family and recording incredible memories. Hugs to my dear Gwennie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed your posts, so I am really glad to hear you are back with your outstanding photos and journaling. What a fun time to be with the grandson & hockey team. That will keep you young!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.