Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ALMOST THE MIDDLE OF SEPTEMBER

 
 
Yesterday we closed down the bunkie
 
Summer is on the way out
 
Fall is on the way in
 
Oh my gosh
Does this girl like to sleep or what!
 
If I could have a wish
I would wish
for our grandchildren
to be sitting on this bench
 
Another sleeping beauty
 
 
 
I moved the furniture around as
the girls were coming for
BEST FRIENDS WEEKEND
 
Joe likes the sofa in front of the TV
(Good for two people)
Dianne likes the sofa in front of the window
(Good for many people)
 
Shirley's hands
 
In 1991 Georgette called Sister Shirley and asked if she would give us a retreat
That was the beginning of our friendship with Shirley
 
Thursday the girls received a phone call telling us that
our friend Sister Shirley had died
Our plans had now changed
We all attended the wake and funeral of Sister Shirley on Saturday in Chatham
 
Some years ago I put together a scrapbook for Shirley
The sisters gave the book back to me after the funeral
You can be sure we will all look at the book each
BFW
 
A gift from God
 
Georgette was in charge of Sunday lunch
As you can see we are missing one of the girls
Janette was unable to be with us due to illness
We missed you Janette!!!!!!!!
 
For the first time in
Best Friends Weekend history
A man was there!!!!!!!!!
Joe and Gwennie were away for the weekend
visiting Stephanie and Michael
The girls decided to stay an extra day since they were not here Friday
Joe came home.......
He ate Sunday dinner with us
and
Slept in the bunkie with
His wife
His dog
and
His two cats
 
The girls were very gracious in welcoming him home
 
We all had a good laugh
as
who would have thought
one of the husbands would be sitting at the table with us!!!!!!!
 
Paul...Walt...Mike...Casey
would be hooting and hollowering from Heaven!!
 
WAY TO GO JOE!!!!!!!!!
As Mike would say
Joe......you're a good man
 
The cats sure loved Georgette's warm body
 
Guess who is right in there like a dirty shirt????
 
Back again the next morning!!!!!
 
 
 
When I went for my walk yesterday I took my
camera with me
I was looking for deer
 
Looking across the river to our friend's home in
the town of Corunna
 
Hello Albert!
 
BINGO
There she is!
 
I think this is Momma
 
I plan to go for an early walk tomorrow morning
 
I am going to put the long lens on the camera
 
WISH ME LUCK
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. such a great tradition Dianne - Friends Weekend. Sign of the time that Joe joined you....now that is progress!!
    CMcK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Openning the blog with Gwennie full frontal Dianne was an extreemly great choice !! lol Such great memories, awesome friends, tasty food, nurturing environment, nature, pets....sounds like HEAVEN to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, last weekend felt surreal. Attending the vigil and funeral for our beloved Sr. Shirley then experiencing the peace and tranquility of Stag Island with my best friends was like a gift in the midst of grief. Perhaps Shirl really was present to comfort us like she always did. Thank you, my friend, for welcoming us to share in your little bit of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of Sister Shirley's hands is beautiful. You guys are so lucky to have each other, friendships like that are very rare I think. SB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tribute to your best friends and to Sister Shirley. It takes work to keep such friendships going all these years. Obviously it is important to all of you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tribute to
    Sister Shirley. She would have loved all of you being there. I am sorry I did not know her...my loss. She was so well thought of by so many people. So glad your Best Friends' week-end was held. Too bad Janette was so sick. You have wonderful friends.
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, lovely photos of good friends. I like the look of the room with furniture moved to the window. I'll be out your way soon on a retreat myself. I'll be in Guelph 3 Oct until 14 Nov. Namaste. DB. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.