Thursday, September 27, 2012

IT'S TIME........

 
 
October is right around the corner
 
Time to head west!
 
The deer were walking around our backyard
 
And
Along the path
 
A week ago Monday our boat motor was stolen
RIGHT OUT AT THE END OF OUR DOCK
THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE
 
Since then we have had to depend on the golf cart and ferry
to take things over to the mainland
in preparation for our trip west
 
 
Curt came over to the cottage to help us get the boat out of the water
 
Gwendolyn was in for one last swim!
 
Two O'Rourke men on the ferry
 
Putting the tires back on the trailer
(Joe had taken them off so that the trailer would not be
stolen again from Pier 90)
 
We've had a few cold mornings
The guys sure know how to keep warm
 
Now that fall is here the sun is setting further down river
 
Love the golden colour
 
And
Pink
 
Tuesday I went to Chatham to get my hair cut
I stopped by the pond to see the swans
I wonder if they will be there in the spring?
 
While in Chatham I had lunch with my cousin Shirley Ann
and husband King
 
Shirley Ann's Grandmother Jennie and my Grandmother Carrie
were sisters
Jennie being the eldest Carrie the youngest
 
The family owned and operated
Snell's Bottling Works
Known to me as the
Pop Shop
I can remember as a child going to the Shop where Uncle Norm
would give me a
Lime Ricky Pop
Wow
I would be so excited!!!!!
 
Way back when......
It was known as Hoon's
where Ginger Beer was made
 
In the spring Shirley Ann and I are going to get together again
I will then learn more about the
Pop Shop
 
 
Yesterday I walked from Ferry Dock Hill to Pier 90
to pick up my car
These fellows caught my eye
 
Papa Joe and I went over to McMorran Arena where the Port Huron Fighting Falcons play hockey
Beau gave us a tour!
 
HA
I have picked out my hoodie
 
The boy and his Grandfather
 
We had dinner with Grandma Elaine and Papa Tom
Elaine cooked a turkey dinner for us
IT WAS SOOOO GOOD
Beau is staying with his grandparents for the hockey season
 
WELL
WE'RE OFF.............
WHERE WILL WE BE TOMORROW NIGHT?????
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Oh my....this blog means you are leaving and heading west...no more Gwennie visits :( She looks absolutely wonderful and healthy. Safe travels my dear friends and to Gwennie lots of love, hugs, treats, snuggles, chicken & steak.
    We'll see each other soon :)
    Love & friendship,Georgette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel safe :) Beautiful pictures Dianne... Love hearing your stories.. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dianne and Joe,it made me sad to see you pack up. Will miss seeing and talking to you. Have a safe trip....I thought about you this a.m. when I woke up. Many blessings on your trip. That picture of the three sleeping would win a prize....how adorable was that. Take care, Joe. Don't overdue. So glad you had warm days to pack up. Love to you both.
    P & C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are excited to see your 'Family in the West' so that takes away the sting of leaving. It is BLOG time again!!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels, my dear friends. As your friends on the island are sad to see you go, we are happy to soon meet and greet you in a few weeks after you spend time with your family in the "wine" country. You are so wanted and loved everywhere you go.

    Loved your photos and stories on this blog, as usual. Beau has turned into such a tall fella. His other grandparents are so lucky to be able to have him with them, and he is lucky, too!

    See you soon.
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  6. God speed and safe travels. DB :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Blog, bitter sweet, Yes we are so blessed to have Beau with us,Thank You Lord for making that possible.
    Safe travels Dianne & Joe, A beautiful time of year to travel.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.