Friday, May 27, 2011

THE CITY GIRL COMES TO THE ISLAND



I am way behind in my blogs

I guess I will do what I have done once before

Start with today and work backward

Joe is in Algonquin Park with other chaperones
teachers
and
50 students from St. Pat's and
St. Christopher High Schools

Joe has been camping/canoeing with the schools
ever since our youngest son Curtis 'joined the ranks'
way back when............
Our older son Graham
 WAS NOT LUCKY
or
LUCKY
 to have his Dad as a chaperone!!!!!!!
(I'll have to ask him)

I'm holding down the fort with
Bing, Susie and Gwendolyn
I had my friend from Windsor join me yesterday
She went home this afternoon
This evening I am having my Sarnia friend
spend the weekend

It is fun to have some 'girl' time


Everyone knows Donna Mae

When she arrived at the cottage
she was litterly
DRIPPING WET
It is no easy thing you know
getting from the mainland to the cottage
especially if it is
RAINING
She drove from Windsor in rain
Walked down Ferry Dock hill in rain
Waited for the ferry in rain
Jumped on the golf cart in rain
Had the rain coming full force towards her
and the driver as there is no 'windshied'
on the cart as they made their way through the forest
This is much different than pulling your car
into a garage and coming in the house without having to dodge rain

Was she impressed??????

no

Donna Mae immediately got into her warm housecoat
and
ditched her drenched raincoat trousers and shoes

Was she cold????

yup

Interesting experience I would say!!!!!

Welcome to Stag Island

This is Donna Mae
this morning
Warm toasty housecoat
Warm fuzzy throw
Warm cozy fire
Life is good!



As you can see by the sky it is overcast
AGAIN TODAY
It is not raining so that
is a good thing
We wondered where the sailboat
was going and where it was coming from



Gwendolyn was a monkey this morning
She had all her toys out
and would not settle at all
She was in my face
She was licking my ear
She was crawling all over me
I would say
She misses her Dad!!!!!



She would not leave the girls alone






Oh but she is sooooo lovely isn't she!!!!!!!



Finally
She settled

Must run
My Sarnia girl will be here
soon





5 comments:

  1. I agree. Gwennie misses Joe! Enjoy the girl time. Thanks for the BD card. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgette/a fan of GwennieMay 28, 2011 at 3:50 AM

    This is up there as one of my favourite blogs !!! Why you ask ? Gwennie of course !! I love that lil monkey :o) The pictures taken of her are great. Lots of great head shots and profiles. I dare say I'd brave the rain to come and stay with Gwennie.....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would brave the rain to spend time with you Gwen Suzie & Bing. Have a great weekend with your Sarnia friend. We are promised sunshine from the weather man.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Donna Mae!!! Proud of you for truckin along and keeping my mom company...good memories and good blog stories!
    SB

    ReplyDelete
  5. My poor Mom she doesn't even like going out when its sprinkling. She must really love you Dianne. Love the picture of her. Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.