Thursday, May 5, 2011

TODAY THEN GOING BACKWARD


Over the past few weeks
we have...............
spent many days in the cottage due to rain wind and cold tempertures
we ............
attended the wake and funeral
of my Mom's sister
who was 92 years old
Dee Dee and Uncle George celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary
 in March of this year
we ..........
celebrated Easter weekend with our
niece Stephanie and her husband
visited my highschool friends
which takes me back over 50 years
we have..........
been to Chatham to attend
a pre wedding
dinner party for our friends
Casey and Mugan
we stayed the night with
our niece Susan

STARTING WITH TODAY'S STORY

I was in Chatham for a good part of  the day
Time for a haircut



When I came into the cottage this afternoon
it was toasty warm
You see..........
the sun was out today thus
warming the cottage

It looks like Bing was having a super nice nap



Coming along the path I noticed
a daffodil amongst the oak leaves



The sun has been out the past two days
The leaves are making their spring entrance



I took a yellow rose to my Mom today



Gwendolyn was taking in the early morning sun

days gone by.......



Five magnificent swans in the river





Driving along the Snye I spotted this
beautiful heron



This is Susan's son's pet
Not sure if I would like this little guy
as my pet?????


But
I would take this little gal



The camera lady did not do
a very good
job of taking photos
on Saturday evening
however
I did get a shot of
Georgette and Bruce



I'll sneak in a pic of the
bride and groom to be!!!



Rain rain go away
The path has been full of
BIG PUDDLES



Visiting friends
Charlene and I were in each other's
wedding party



Meet their dog
Magoo
or
Mc Goo??



Bing Susie and Gwendolyn
went with us Easter weekend




Visitors in the pool!!!!!!



We took 'throws' with us
and
sat in the red chairs
a very peaceful place..........



It doesn't look like we were having fun
BUT
WE WERE



We went for a walk along the
shores of Lake Ontario
Joe and I picked up
beach glass for our
grandson
'the young boy'
When we were in Penticton
the young boy and I
started a collection of
beach glass



With Toronto in the distance you can
see a freighter which will most likely
go past our cottage on the way to Lake Huron



Saturday evening we had dinner with
Ray and Angela
Hats off to the cooks over the weekend
Every meal was delicious



Susie found a comfy cozy place
for a nap


The highlight of Easter weekend
was meeting a brand new baby boy
Here is Grandma


In Grandpa's arms

Thanks to family and friends
for having us in your homes
Many special moments
will be remembered

*************

The next blog will tell the story of touring some wineries
while in the Niagara region















4 comments:

  1. Very nice narration and great accompanying photos.

    The Good Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of people are absolutely surprised to learn that Gwendolyn is such a water dog !! She seems to gravitate to water. Your pictures are wonderful and your text very descriptive. The kitties sure are creatures of comfort aren't ? Congratulations to the parents and extended family of the precious baby boy !! My but he's so beautiful :o) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures and story mom. Charlene and her husband look alike, don't you think? And the baby is beautiful, they will have so much fun! SB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting. I have been wondering what you have been up to because it had been so long since the last post. You have been BUSY! Thanks for sending all the news. We have Willa for a week, so there should be new pictures every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.