Monday, November 29, 2010

IT'S COMING TO A CLOSE IN CALIFORNIA

SATURDAY NIGHT

The Coyotes are playing
St. Louis AAA Blues


It never ceases to amaze me
as to how agile goalies are
especially with all their equipment
Look at those legs!!!



Lots of Coyotes around the net
The boys won their game

**************


SUNDAY

The last hockey game of
the weekend was to start at
12:45

Before the game
Rod drove us to
HOLLYWOOD
or
at least to see the
HOLLYWOOD SIGN!!!!!!!!



We're on our way



WOW

There's the sign!!!!!!!!!!!!

I jumped out of the truck
and ran across the street
then went out in the middle of the street
to get a better shot
Lots of trees and hydro lines and cars in the way

That's it folks

Now

we're racing back to get to the rink
for the game

Coyotes are playing Dallas

We made it in the nick of time
I had one request
Drop me off at the entrance
to the rink please

Nature was calling!

I was running up the stairs
Guess who was coming down the stairs?

The Father of # 11 of the LA Kings
YUP
It was Rod Stewart in person

I nearly said
Good Morning
but it was afternoon
and
I didn't have the nerve!!!



Al



Bear the water 'boy'
Bear is a taxi driver in Dallas Texas
Bear does not like to fly
so
he took the train from Dallas to LA
and back again
He was on the train for 2 and 1/2 days
Now that is true dedication to his
hockey boys



Coyotes goalie down



When I was at the rink I was
looking at 'hockey' photos
on the wall
I saw a great shot where the photographer
caught skates and lots of spray from the ice

I said to myself
'I'm going to try and get a shot like that'

HA-HA

It will take 1,000 pictures to catch the moment
I gave myself an E for effort though!



The boy is side by side
or
neck and neck



GO BOY GO



The game is over
Coyotes won
Here are Al's friends gathering around
 after the game
They are all such good friends
It warmed the heart to see this

GREAT COMRADS



There goes the Dallas goalie
Good game Al



There goes the Coyotes goalie
Good game Brendan



The picture says it all!!



We are on our way home to Arizona



Oh my
the sky is changing


We missed the rain

We arrived at the rink around 11:30
The bus wasn't that far behind us
We still had a 45 minute ride to Queen Creek
then I had another 1/2 hour ride to Gold Canyon
Was it worth all the driving?

YOU BET!

On the way to Queen Creek
'the boy' sat in the front seat with his Dad
they talked hockey all the way home
Granny sat in the back seat
I listened to their hockey talk

OH

LIFE IS GOOD










2 comments:

  1. Yes, Life is good when we can spend time with grand children and be a part of their growing up years and special events. Another story well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod Stewart !!!! and you didn't utter a word !!!! Didn't have him sign anything !!!! Like your arm even !!! Oh Dianne....or a picture !! We need to work on this when you're back in Canada ! Or better yet have me with you !! lol Great fun.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.