Tuesday, August 16, 2011

JUST A LITTLE STORY


Arn't these the cutest little shoes
you have ever seen!!!!!!!!

Guess who they belong to?????

If you guessed
'the girl'
you are right

Zoe loved her Barbies
Zoe loved her Barbie shoes

Here she is playing away as
her brother lays low as he was not
felling well

FUNNY

As soon as I saw the photo
the memories came back
of that day at the cottage


Papa was busy outside building
 the grandchilden a swing set


Check out those shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Giving the swings a whirl
The shoes even managed to stay on her feet

Good job Papa on the swing set

INTERSTING TIDBIT

Two summers ago when the grandchildren
were home for a holiday we told them
we were going to take down the swing set

OH NO GRANNY
OH NO PAPA

You can't take it down

SO

we just moved it next door so the neighbours
grandchildren could enjoy it

IT'S STILL THERE TODAY! 


Another day
Another outfit
Same shoes!


Oh my goodness................
LOVE THE HAT
I think this is one of  my favourite pictures of our Zoe




This past spring I came upon the shoes
There was no way I could part with them
so
they are in a special little place
in the guest room


The shoes join a figurine of a young girl
given to my by my friend
 a stained glass box
filled with little charms and trinkets given to me by a friend
many years ago
and
 a wood carving done by Joe's Dad of a boy carrying a fishing rod with his dog walking along side

Know the song

MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS

THESE ARE SOME OF MY
MEMORIES



7 comments:

  1. What charming pictures of a lovely young girl and her"special" shoes. I love how you've placed them and hope to see them myself when I'm in the guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet little Zoe...thanks mom for the pics. I hope when we go to heaven we can go back into time and relive our memories like you can in the movies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog also brought memories to me of when my Jessica would do these really "girly" things :o) Wonderful !! I'm also pleased that the swings were saved for more generations of children or even adults for that matter. Heck I love swinging......ON SWINGS !! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat to write a story around the shoes! I'm with Zoe...I LOVE the shoes. Thanks for sharing the memories with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very touching. Do you know what memories you are giving to your children and grands. They are all fortunate and we are too as you share so beautifully.
    P & C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole said...
    This is a test....I have been posting on a regular basis and nothing appears. August 19th

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.