Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Day At Glan Llyn Estate Vineyard


Join us in sharing a day
The Papa is outside
The Granny is inside
Mom comes home
Dad comes home


This is what I saw first thing this morning
when I looked out at the lake
Leroy
It seems this is his favourite spot




Here is a felllow who spends between 5 and 6 hours
a day doing what you see here
Rain or shine
Cold or warm
Wind or no wind



This is a grape vine



FJ (farmer joe) bends the vine.............



FJ takes a tying gun
squeezes the gun
VOILA



This is the end result
Each spring this procedure will
take place
 Training the vine



There are 152 rows in the vineyard
13,000 vines
give or take........a few



Each row has a story
There are 7 different kinds of grapes
Riesling, Merlot, Pinot Gris
Pinot Noir and Viognier
to mention a few
It's mostly Greek to me
I know Merlot



FJ is not alone
Leroy stays for a bit
then  heads for the house
Gwendolyn
"being joined at the hip"
remains with her master



Ol' brown eyes is now 12 years old
You have been faithful and loyal Leroy
You're such a good dog



Meanwhile bean soup is cooking in the big house



A flower has popped out



I found our cats Elliot and Susie
under the duvet
They live in the bedroom............
as they are traumatized by the 'Queen B'
Miss Sweet Pea



Miss Sweet Pea
She actually is a great cat
Purr, purr, purr
and
I must say
It is HER  home




Ah........rice krispie squares
A treat for the little ones
Papa was hoping for apple crisp!!!



HERE'S Mom



This family has super facial expressions!!!!!!!



Yeah, my little hockey side kick
is home from school



Nice look Dad
Is he thinking
OH BROTHER
Here she comes again????

Snacks
TV
Maple Leafs vs Rangers
Life is good



A little play time with
BABY
the teddy bear



Oh
What's happening here?



I want to come, I want to come
Sorry bud, those days are over
Getting old stinks!



There she goes......
A lady in training
Triathlon coming up



I think the 'camera lady'
got
THE LOOK



What Dads' go through to get children
to co-operate for a group photo
They are looking for elephants!



Four awesome boys



3 comments:

  1. Graham makes me laugh! SB

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the name of their farm? Do they have a name for their wine? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di and Joe:

    Once again great pictures, cat shots good, especially Queen B, however litter box was confusing until Mugan informed me of rice squares and I hadn't read caption yet. Ha! Ha!
    Catman

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.