Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lots To Look At Here


I love, love coming to this little place
It is charming and full of nostailgic items


What do we have here?
- Her great grandma's rocking chair
- Cousin Margaret's wardrobe steamer trunk
- Margaret's Father's leather toiletries bag
which is now filled with books



Jen's first pair of walking shoes



A collection of pugs have their home
in the steamer



I took a peek at some of the books
They belonged
to
James Garen, my grandfather
one dated September 18, 1917
Carrie Snell, my grandmother
Margaret Fisher, my Dad's first cousin



The softness of the room calls her name



On one of these shelves
sits
my Mother's coffee cup
that she used every day


Here are five bird nests
found in or near trees or shubs
around the Fairmont Hotel
Jen sees them as
little works of art
by bird artists!



This is my Grandfather's wicker chair
It spent many happy years at our cottage
now
it will spend many happy years
in Whistler



Oh my goodness
The siblings will remember this puppet
made by her Aunt Mary
Memories, memories!!!!!!!
A
Gypsey Fortune Teller
How many miles has this girl
travelled???



The artist's tools
and boxes filled
with treasures
OOOOOOOOU
What's in there?????



The infamous Angus
Immortalized forever!



She tells me
she calls them
THE LOVES' OF HER LIFE
meet
Angus & Alice


My chest of drawers from when
I was a child
It came from the Wardman family
who
lived on
King Street West


Book, books and books
Ah, the new bike


The gardener's window house plants
Through the window I can see
The Canadian flag which hangs
next door
Proud to be
Canadian




The excitment of the day!

All of a sudden

Quick, look out the window

It's the

THE EASTER BUNNY

Do you believe???

I BELIEVE!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dianne,

    I do believe. I believe you should pack up that toiletry bag, complete with books, and bring it to Arizona, U.S.A.

    Hi to Miss Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen...your house looks AWESOME!!! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di and Joe:
    Happy Easter from Mugan and Catman, pictures awesome, I knew popcorn girl liked antiques by her works at home. Lovely Pugs , say Happy Easter to all, Ontario coming soon. Mugan will be e-mailing soon.Big Easter dinner today. I believe 18 people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Jen's home looks very content, which is presious, filled with many wonderful menories,
    I love that. HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL Easter,
    Love In Him
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.