Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Taking The Back Way From Whistler to Penticton


The two vehicles are heading home
10:30 a.m.
We're on the road
First "meet up" is
Lilloet


I thought this was a different looking house
log cabin on the top half



When I saw the sign "Lillooet Lake Rodeo"
I thought
boy, wouldn't that be a fun place
Everyone in the community
would be together
I wouldn't want to be there though....
'tough on the animals'



This is Lillooet Lake
You're driving along and all of a sudden
you come to the lake and it is a
magnificent sight



Here we are
climbing, climbing



We passed several signs posting
Avalanche area
Just last week there had been an avalanche
at Mt. Currie




I actually had to have" the driver" stop the van
What a breathtaking view
How can something be soooo beautiful???
I do know why!!!!!




The two vehicles met at a gas station in Lillooet
The seniors were keeping up to the big guy!
As we were pulling away this truck came cruising in
The dog had free rein of the bed
I sure hope the driver didn't have to
stop abruptly


This looks like a great summer place



OMGosh
The horse was on the side of the road
in a ditch area
his buddies were up on the hill


We have seen many old homes on our trip west
If walls could talk
we would have their story


A church built into the hill
I wonder if the doors open on Sunday?


An old school at Spences Bridge
The school bell is still intact


We have arrived at our second meeting place
The seniors, their dog and 2 cats are lagging behind
The big guy, his wife, 2 children and the dog waited 20 minutes
We arrived 5 minutes later
MESSAGE
We'll see you in Merritt


We were going to have lunch at the hotel
in Spences Bridge
No such luck
They had just opened for the season
only serving tea, coffee, scons


I cannot tell you how many crosses and monuments
we have seen while travelling the roads of
the USA and Canada
Your heart aches each time


I could see the horse having the time of it's life
rolling on his back
but
by the time.......seconds
we drove by
the camera lady had missed the moment
and
the fence post just happened to be right in the middle of the picture!!!!!


Hmmmmmmm....funny position for a plane


Here is another church 
How pretty with it's blue paint
Very quaint!
In the corner of the photo is looks
like a T shirt is hanging on a stick
Some kind of a scare crow thing?
I need to travel the road again so I can see
for myself what is next door to the church


Coming into Merritt
A pulp company


A very impressive building I must say
Now that we have 'a signal'
we have corresponded with the big guy
they are now on the......
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SPELL THIS WORD AND THE BC PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LAUGH AT ME SO I WILL SPELL IT AS IT SOUNDS
COKE-A-HAUL-A
His last words are
It is snowing but the roads are clear


We first drove around Merritt looking
for their vehicle then once
we got the call that they were on their way
we decided to find a fast food place
The driver and I were STARVING



What do we have here
a full blown blizzard
on the
COKE-A-HAUL-A
Hey, we're snowbirds
We don't deal with snow storms anymore do we????
It was quite the ride let me tell you
You know, when your heart is pounding a mile a minute



We're now in Summerland and the sun is shining
Couldn't help but not take a picture
of GRANNY'S fruit stand



We drive up the hill
Get out of the van
The dog greets the child
and
What do we see?
The Dad and son playing their favourite game!!
The big guy says
'Where have you been ?"
"We've been home for an hour"
It is now 5:30 p.m.
YIKES!!
PS
They were ahead of the storm
we were in the storm


4 comments:

  1. I feel like I was on the trip with you guys! Loved all the pics...steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi:

    Loved the blue steeple. Quite different.
    What a storm.


    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey "Catman" catsApril 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM

    Di and Joe:

    Who's the big guy, great travelling pictures,white knuckles through storm,reminds me of Oklahoma and fog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did the Seniors have a PaPa and a MaMa Burger? I'm dying to know.

    Great pics, what's next?

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.