Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ELLIOT, THE DEVON REX


Elliot sitting on the desk at our
College Street home
looking out the window
and
surrounded by books
This photo was used by the
BookKeeper Book Store
in their advertisements for the store 




Susie and Elliot taking in the view of the gardens
at Gales Ferry Conn
A trip that we, Gwendolyn and the cats
took every year



When my dog Bear died Joe said

'NO MORE DOGS'

Devon Rex cats
are referred to
as
'the poodle of the cat world'
The closest thing to a dog I was told

So

In June of 1999
Elliot entered our lives
In July Elliot had the experience of travelling
west with us in the car
thus
this was the beginning of his travels
across Canada and the US of A for the
next 11 years



Elliot would start out on the dash
Talk about being relaxed
When Elliot had had enough
of the sun he would move to the floor
beside my feet



Susie always sat on my lap
However
I see that Elliot joined her

AH COME ON 

The two of you are heavy, heavy, heavy
*************

What a Cat!!!!!!

He would greet us at the door each and
every time we came home
He slept by my side every night under the covers
He and I had a ritual where I would tuck him
close to my side
put my arm around him and he would
purr, purr, purr

He was always in the centre of things when 
friends and family were around

Didn't want to miss a thing!




Everyone is down for the count


It's ok Elliot



Elliot napping in my Mom's chair
April 27, 2010

Elliot
April 1999 - April 28, 2010







8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful mom.
    SB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some wonderful memories.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Di. I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Elliott.
    Love you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for u granny! We will all miss him!!

    Zoe:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat tribute to a beloved family member. I'm sad for you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joe & Dianne,

    I know that losing Elliott was a terrible loss for you and he wasn't just a pet. I'm sorry.

    My deepest sympathy,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Di and Joe:

    Losing a beloved friend is always a great loss,Elliot's memories in blog are befitting in the life and love he gave you both for 11 years. Mugan had a tear in her eye as she felt the pain once again this week of losing a pet.
    See you both today at noon. Love Catman & Mugan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dianne and Joe,

    Can't tell you how sorry I am. Elliot was a good friend and know he'll be sorely missed.

    Thinking of you.
    Love Lyndsay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.