Wednesday, October 27, 2010

OUT FOR A DRIVE LAST WEDNESDAY

What a treat
an afternoon drive in the
coutryside


During the morning we picked grapes





Also did some laundry
Bing liked the warmth of the dryer
He did not want to come out
Such an inquisitive cat





We drove up the mountain
I got out of the van to take pictures
of these horses




When I went towards the fence and called to them
they came right over
I was excited!!!!




I thought they were coming
 to see me
but
I'm sure they were looking for a snack!!




We spotted this little trailer
A home away from home?????



There were several homes being built
way, way up the mountain



Okaganan lake is way down there
What a view they will have




Penticton has the 'neatest' dump
yup, a dump
They have very strict rules
about bringing stuff
to the dump
and
how you bring it




Seagulls everywhere
 paradise for them




Where the heck did these cows come from????
I bet they were saying
Where the heck did this van come from????




Nice eyelashes




We're now on a dirt road climbing
higher and higher




Back down we came
Everywhere you look
you see magnificent scenery
Even the clouds were beautiful

A great day








3 comments:

  1. It does look like a great day! Hi to you and Joe, Bing too.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures mom...I can't imagine living there, soooo pretty. SB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooohhhhh horses !!!! The one was an appaloosa the other looked to have some Arabian. My brother-in-law's father lives in this area and by way of your photos I was able to see the scenery from a different angle. He mentioned going to the dump etc., for his 99 year old dad and it's specifications. Now I see it. His dad still lives in his chalet on his own with the assistance of great neighbours. Great place to be :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.