Monday, April 4, 2011

DOWNTOWN PENTICTON


I have been carrying my camera around
downtown Pentiction



This is Bugzy
The name was spelled
to me
specifically with a Z
'She' belongs to the gal
who gave me a manicure
We talked and laughed  about how much we love our
Beetles



Another mural
While driving around Penticton and area we come across bikers everywhere



I was introduced to a wonderful
card store by our daughter Jennifer
I have been back to the store a few
times while here in Penticton
Last time I walked into the store
I heard a woman laughing while looking at
a card
She then showed the card to me
 We both had a chuckle
(I will have to go back to the card store tomorrow and buy the card
I will take a photo of it
so
you can have a chuckle as well)
Stay tuned for tomorrow
night's blog



Here we have
Charlotte
and


Gypsey Rose-A-Lea
The two dogs come to the store
with the owner
every day

Each time I have been to the card store I have noticed an older
woman sitting at a table
at the back of the store
When I took the photos of
the dogs I could see where
she was working on a puzzle!
How neat is that


Milo is dropped off at the store in the morning
and picked up after work
What a nice way to spend the day
Charlotte waits at the door for Milo to arrive



Saturday morning Joe and I treated ourselves
to breakfast at the
ELITE RESTAURANT
The restaurant was built 85 years ago
It was renovated in 1964



This is a poster that was inside
the restaurant
They're going to have a party!!!!!



S S Sicamous
Launched in 1914
It operated as a passenger and cargo vessel
on Okanagan Lake from Penticton
to Okanagan Landing (Vernon)






S S Naramata
The only remaining steam tugboat
in the interior of British Columbia
She moved from Okanagan Landing
to this site in October of 1991




S S Okanagan
Stern Saloon
Built in 1907 for British Columbia CPR




I could see stained glass windows inside
It must have been pretty spiffy



This mural tells the story of
days gone by



Joe spotted the bike riders
So
We took chase!!!!!





Down the street
Around the curve
Under the bridge
And away they go



Penticton is the home of the
IRON MAN
which is held annualy each year



Check out the trash can
There's a photo of what the city
looked like in the fifties or sixties

I was impressed



THE BOOK SHOP
New, Used and Out of Print Books

Another of my favourite
places to visit
when in Penticton

I'D LIKE YOU TO MEET.....



Clementine
and


Egor



Clementine is getting a treat
BUT
First she has to talk
YUP
She talks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET READY





She's working her way to say

I WANT

I..W...A...N...T

When I was in the store a few weeks ago
Clementine spoke in a normal tone
Today
She yelled
Yes she did

Did I laugh
You bet I laughed
I laughed and laughed

When I left the store
I had the biggest smile on my face

Oh boy, that was so much fun..............

THANKS CLEMENTINE








6 comments:

  1. I love living these experiences through you what a riot !!!! I love card stores, book stores, pets of any kind, the Volkswagon...etc.
    Great idea of puzzles in book stores...bring people together with coffee...amazing relationships could open up ! THANKS FOR THE TOUR !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved visiting Penticton with you. Thanks for sharing the quaint shops and your favorite stops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope we get to visit Penticton!!! SB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This was such a great little overview of Penticton! You found so many special places, and took some gorgeous photos.
    I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you find all the shops with animals in them. Love you , Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.