Tuesday, April 19, 2011

IT'S A COLD COLD DAY


Sunday morning we put on our woollies
and headed to the ferry


Before we left the cottage
I could hear some serious
honking
They were on a mission
going somewhere?????



Along the path we  noticed
daffodils
Spring is coming isn't it?????



The ferry dock is getting new spiles
I was surprised at how long
the old wooden spiles were



Lots of zebra mussels on the old logs
They did the trick of cleaning up the river
by making the water clearer
but
they also make the seaweed grow



The new poles have steel
on the inside and plastic
on the outide



When we got out in the middle
of the river
the ferry rolled back and forth
due to the rolling waves
The wind was out of the
south west



Opened the van door
The inside windows were dripping
with condensation due to ....


the firewood we picked up
the day before at Casey and Mugan's home



Not a lot of action on Christina Street
Way up the street you can see
a steeple
That is St. Andrew's
Presbyterian Church
where my brother
and I were baptized



We've reached our destination
THE CROMWELL GRILL
We're meeting our friends here
for breakfast



This is Ed with his family
I took their wedding photgraphs
He is a school friend of our nephew

SMALL WORLD



This is Ed's sister and family
MK lives in Pentiction
Yep she does
Her son plays hockey with our grandson

HOW NEAT IS THAT!!!!!



We shared breakfast with our friends
Ken and Devonna

We went out to Canadian Tire
to pick up a few things
Joe came back out to the van
saying
the boy's
cousin
was in the Mall
I picked up my camera
and
went in persuit of
the cousin

He was not in the play area
where Joe had seen him

I was lucky to find him
walking along
with his Mom



There he is!!
He was busy dancing around
I thought to  myself
How am I going to get a picture?????
I wanted to surprise his
Grandma Elaine




I said
Say hi to Beau

BINGO

He stopped immediately
He looked right at the camera
The sweetest little smile came upon his face
The sweetest little voice then said

Hi Beau



That was it
He then turned
and
was on his way

Kids are so funny

7 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweet surprise, what a lovely ending to my day, Thankyou so much,
    So thoughtful.

    EB

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Thomas is so funny! It definately looks pretty cold back home...keep warm!! SB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Mother Nature has forgotten about spring in our area !! This is unreal. We also love the Cromwell Grill :o). Wonderful food, lots of it and still reasonably priced.Give Gwennie and great big warm hug for me !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the pictures and agree the weather is somewhat inclement. Say hi to Devonna & Ken when you next see them.
    This is another effort to Post a Comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That earlier message was from Peggy & Charles, neglected to sign.

    Peggy & Charles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll send a photo of how much snow we still have laying around. We got 20 cm more last weekend. Come on spring! DB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not that it is nice to read everyone's comments about the lack of spring weather, but now I feel better because many others have the same complaint! Where is it? LOL Enjoyed seeing town. Give greetings to Ken & Devonna also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.