Thursday, April 14, 2011

HAPPENINGS ON THE RIVER AND IN THE COTTAGE


Sunday morning we went over to the
Corunna Restaurant
for breakfast
We were not sure about our water
so thought we should pick up bottled water
A good excuse to go for breakfast
Also
'Had to have coffee'

We were about an  hour
on the mainland

When we came down the hill
we could hardly see
the top of the ferry
parked at the bottom
of the hill

What the heck?????


We came across the river to
the main dock




Our ferry driver Kate
hopped up to the dock
or
maybe she just climbed up!!




Where or where did the water go????

It was like the tide went out
but
we don't have a tide

The water started to come
back in as we stood
on the dock




Anyone who has taken the ferry
knows

THIS DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!




OH OH
We forgot to close the computer
What a smart cat
She found a warm spot while
we were gone




While Susie was trying to keep warm
Gwendolyn went in for a dip




Momma and Papa goose are back




Two babies are expected




Here comes the US Coast Guard



They are taking out the winter buoy
It was attached to an anchor



They pulled the anchor out
Attached a new chain



The summer buoy is going down



VOILA
We have our buoy in place




This is my favourite freighter
THE ROGER BLOUGH
I had the long lens on my camera when 'he' went by
so could not capture
the 'whole picture'



The freighter was launched
on June 5th 1972
Length - 858'
Beam - 105'
Capacity (tons) - 43,900
Diesel Engine
horsepower - 15,000

I'll never forget the first
time I saw the freighter
coming up the river
The boat was
MAGNIFICENT




Gwendolyn was having a nap
Bing joined her



Next thing I saw was the arm
coming over




There's a face under there somewhere!!!!



Such contentment



Bing is awake but not moving
He must be quite comfy




It has been windy here the
past few days
however
when I looked outside
last evening
this is what I saw

DEAD CALM





The spiles from the ol' Government dock



Normally the river is like this in the early
hours of the morning
To me it was almost eerie

BUT

A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT






5 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures of Gwennie and Binger...and I found my new desktop pic. The DEAD CALM one...you are so dramatic mom! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooooh If I were Bing I'd be in glory as well with Gwennie cuddled up next to me as well. She induces and exudes sleepiness :o).
    Dianne I've a theory about the water levels...to share later....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get home either. Your pictures make me even more homesick for the River. Glad Heather sent them on to me.
    Welcome back! Jane Blake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. Looks like that could have been a sesh (sp) like what happened a few years ago. Looking forward to lunch. I will give you a call. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. So why was the water level so low?

    Yes, good pictures of Gwennie & Bing cuddled together.

    I hope it is good to be home...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.