Tuesday, July 13, 2010

CATS, DOGS, SUNSETS AND SHIPS


Have three different stories for you this evening

Before I start my story
I must tell you about the
night before

As we were going to bed
we could hear rumblings
in the distance

At one thirty the storm
was upon us
Lots of loud thunder
and
bright lightning

I thought
oh no
as we were to be up
at 3 in the morning
in order to get
over to the mainland
for our drive to the
Detroit airport

The grand-daughter's friend
was flying home

I was awake and could feel
nudge, nudge, nudge
poke, poke, poke
My first thought was
the kitten was climbing over me
NUDGE, NUDGE
I opened my eyes
and there was the girl

"Granny
we are afraid of the storm"

Time for Papa to head
to the sofa
Time for the girls to climb
in bed with me

Once settled there were
lots of giggles
lots of counting to see
how far the thunder was away from us
and then
I could feel a quietness come over the girls

There is nothing more soothing than
a parent's bed or
a grandparent's bed

The time ticked away
and we were still all awake

Soon it was time for the alarm
In no time we were ready
all of us looked
really cute in our rain gear


WE WERE PREPARED

The storm was kind to us......
only had to deal with
heat lightning

With an hour and a half sleep
 we were on our way

As you can imagine
the rest of the day was snooze
time here and there


The animals were catching a few winks as well
When I approached them
the eye opened just a bit
I'm sure Gwendolyn was saying to herself
Here she comes again!!!!!



Love this



With all the sunsets we have had
I have not seen the sky look like this



Such beauty

*********


Today was hair cut day

I was in my home town
AND
While driving home
I heard on the radio that the
tall ships were coming up river

Wouldn't you know

I was in a rush this morning
and forgot my camera

shoot

Sure enough
 as I drove
along the river road
I saw three ships

Luckily

the camera lady's husband
took my camera
and went out in the boat
to capture some photos
of the first ship going by



It was the Bounty



The Lady
protecting the ship



What a handsome ship



Heading north



I'm home now
taking photos
from the dock



Here comes ship number 3



I could hear lots of hoots
If you look closer
you can see a
'sailor'
climbing the mast

 

This is the last ship of the day

***************
Switching gears here
I would like to show you
what
The boy and his Grandfather
accomplished today



They finished shingling the shed roof

GOOD JOB BOYS!!!!!!



A sparrow has been crashing into the
window



I took this photo from inside the shed
The bird thinks it sees a friend
but is only it's reflection in the glass





Our after dinner entertainment



Ooooooh
Look at those blue eyes



Whoops
Someone lost their balance



Oh my goodness

I sure get a kick out of this kitten
He has personality plus

Another good day

 Goodnight everyone

2 comments:

  1. Please tell the granddaughter that some certain Americans are missing her right about now.

    Loved the boat! I have loved to seen that coming down the river.

    That shack is coming along just fine! Great job boys!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo loving this blog !! Thank you for the priceless photos of some of the tall ships.Best chance I have of seeing them. I thought at first the nudging would of been Gwennie...lol. Although it would of been more of a shove, he,he,he !! And yes pets are incredibly entertaining and spontaneous nothing staged there, better than TV. This is why I so love what I do :o) !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.