Saturday, July 10, 2010

THIS TIME LAST YEAR





Last year at this time we were
de-cluttering
our home.....
The plan was to
'get it ready to sell'
By fall we were ready!!!

The camera lady walked around the
100 year old home
and took photos of each room

Tonight it warms my heart
to look at the photos


My favourite black and white photos
hung in the main hallway





My cousin Margaret's
dining room suite
which belonged to her parents







The living room

The book shelves look empty
Most books had moved to the cottage




Our little den
Just enough room for
the two of us!





The 'galley' kitchen





This actually was my photography work room
The carpenter built a
floor to ceiling
'work' unit

However

I never did have a chance
to put it to use





My grandmother's bed





My Mother's bed





We did a switch on the beds

The house king
and the
cottage queen
took turns riding on top of the van
and
in the boat

That was quite the day!!!!!





AH

A big bathroom

(Those were the days)





The house was ready

The
FOR SALE

sign went up


THE HOUSE SOLD


Have to say
This is part of the journey


MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS

4 comments:

  1. Did your black & white photos make the move to a wall in the cottage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must of sold in no time !! A stunning home and so beautifully and tastfully decorated.
    I spied a photo of Gwennie in the galley kitchen :o) !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianne,

    I loved looking at the wonderful pic's of your home as you bade farewell to a place that you called "home" for so many years ! I also loved the family treasures that you so lovingly described and , no doubt, cherished.
    Bob and I and also daughter, Amy have many treasures from Bob's mom's home in Quebec. Her desk is at our front door and each day, as I head out, I give it a little pat and think fondly of that special lady ! I am thrilled that Amy has her dining room suite and other things and loves and treasures them. A part of Bob's mom will always be with her ....and us.

    Love your blog and the fact that we can keep in touch that way !

    Love from Bob & Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di and Joe:

    Sensed a little nostaglia in those photos, a very lovely home with great wood trim and decor.All the journeys of life take us into the corners of the world we would never see unless daring enough to explore.Two years ago I would have never thought were I'd be today and yet the enjoyment of all my new friends makes travelling this journey such a delite, so those memories of old never fade just add a frame around the memories we are about to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.