Thursday, July 29, 2010

IT'S WAY TOOOOOOOOO QUIET HERE


Yesterday the BC family flew home

Today the Alberta family flew home

IT'S JUST
THE MOM AND DAD
GWENDOLYN
SUSIE
AND
BING

YOU CAN HEAR A PIN DROP!!!!!!! 



The young boy in the water
until the last minute



Heading to the mainland
Gwendolyn going along for the ride



So long until next time

This morning I wiped down
the front of the fridge
UNTIL
I came to the lower half
LITTLE BOY HANDPRINTS
I left them on the fridge!



This morning when I went down to the river
I spotted the boy's river toys



I miss the laughter of the volley ball games



Lots of chatting at the picnic tables



I can't believe I have a bin full
of dry towels
The dryer worked overtime
with all the humidity we had



The bikes were back and forth to the
other side of the island
The young boy was in his glory



His Dad had a go at fishing off the
end of the dock
however
no luck

As a boy
many an hour was spent fishing



We have the
Canadian flag
North West Territories
and
half an Arizona flag



The bunk house is waiting
it's next visitor
(Hamilton)



We had to do a lot of fast talking
to keep the sword here at the cottage
Papa will make a new one
when we go to BC

No way would it fit in a suitcase!!!



The Bride and Groom
came back to the cottage last night



Not to worry
We're set for the
Toronto visitors



Memory Wear





Here we go again
First Arizona
Second British Columbia
Third British Columbia
Fourth Alberta




While we were having our last swim in the river

Curt said .......
'I knew this day would come'

Time to leave the island
and
go home



Circle of love



We are all spread out
Everyone is home or homeward bound

Our family will be together again

LIFE IS GOOD

LIFE IS 'BETTER' THAN GOOD

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GOOD


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and commentary. It was a great start to my morning. Thanks, Dianne, for sharing your family and summer life. You are Blessed! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stop the tears, it was so beautiful
    and sad. Bitter Sweet, my new favourite saying.
    Everything looks wonderful.EB

    ReplyDelete
  3. BITTERSWEET sums it up really well !!

    Isn't Gwendolyn absolutely adorable ?? !! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!!! I've been so busy that I just opened it now.You've just made more wonderful St... Island memories which now include the new bride. You sure know how to make a cosy place to nest for anyone who visits. Can't wait for our turn in September.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.