Saturday, June 5, 2010

A PEEK AT SOME OF MY PHOTOS

I thought you might like to see some of
my photos from years gone by.............


THE STORY BEHIND THE PICTURES


Here is
'The boy'
I had grabbed my camera and took off
out the door
The boy came to the door and asked
Granny, what are you doing?
When I turned around to answer him
I saw this.............
CLICK



St. Francis of the Assisi
Taos New Mexico



One of my wedding photos
Groom childhood friend of our son-in-law




The hands of Mike Weir
our Canadian golfer
Mike showed off his jacket
at a local tournament




Our daughter-in-law's dog Leroy
He loves it when we visit
Sleeps downstairs by our bedroom door



Our daughter's dog Goliath
Goliath was a happy go lucky dog
He and Gwendolyn were great friends



Our daughter's dog Alice
Just a wee puppy at the time



Our son out on the water
Photo taken at his brother's wedding



World Trade Centre
New York City
We were in New York for the wedding of our niece



Baby Marie
Granddaughter of  my dear friend
Baby is sleeping on my Mother's
sheep skin that we brought back
from Australia



This is actually a weed which invaded the island
It is called purple stife
(guessing on the spelling and name????)
My gardener friend and daughter
will let me know!



The tall ships came to town



I spotted this rock and it's reflection while we
were on a walk in Connecticut



I saw
 'the dog'
with it's head out the window
Went over to talk to
the dog
when
all of a sudden
out pops another dog!
Taken at a gas station in Saskatchewan



Early in the morning and after damp night
I noticed this spider web on the bike
The bike was painted grey
thanks to our friend who
happened to be staying at our cottage
Guess he was looking for something to do!!!!!



My friend asked if I would take pictures of her
friend's home and garden
Made up photo cards as a birthday present
for the friend to give to her friend



Dinner table set at our home
Candle sticks belonged to
My Grandmother
My Mother
My Cousin



A heron landing on the spiles
These spiles once supported the
custom's dock
for Americans to land on the island



The boy and his sister sitting on the bench
We have 6 photos of the children sitting on the same bench
starting back
in 1998



The star of Texas
Photo taken at the welcoming centre
just inside the border of Texas



I started with
The Boy
and am ending with
The Boy

Most of these photos were made into
greeting cards



7 comments:

  1. hi mom, it is purple loosestrife i think and can you print me an eight by ten of the heron photo? i would love to frame it for my house. jen p.s. the one of zoe and beau on the bench made me cry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne, you are incredibly talented with your camera. The creativity and originality of the photos are amazing.Who would of thought to take a picture of Mike Weir's hands and yet that's his gift. The groom and his bride, the heron, the one of your son on the water.....that water sparkles....who knew !! Bravo. Don't ever lose that camera :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again some great pictures. I bet that brought back a lot of wonderful memories. If you are willing to print a picture (I will pay)I
    would love the one of Zoe & Beau on the bench. This will be for the friends & family wall in AZ. Thanks Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me smile this morning. Looking at your photos is like taking a peek at your life. Are you writing this summer? My goal is a story a week. CRE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I was so taken back with those Photo's, They are all presious I just love them, I'm saying that with tears falling down my face, so many wonderful memories, The Boy so so
    cute we are truly blessed, and you my dear are able to capture it all, Thankyou so much I do enjoy your wonderful stories through the lense. EPB looking forward to more just like a good book

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Canadian,
    Once again, I'm blown away and speechless. Speechless-a rare moment. My favorite out of all this glorious moments through your Canadian eyes is the one of Curtis on the water. I stared at it for a long while. I'm inspired.
    Signed,
    Popcorn

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, I am getting a little teary looking at the ones of Beau and Zo...I don't want them to grow up.And I agree with Lisa, the one of curtis is magical. Good job mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.