Sunday, June 12, 2011

LOOKING BACK OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS



Looking at the photo I can
see where Bing's body is turned
'in the middle'
Half the body is on his back
Half his body is on his side
WIERD
Doesn't look very
comfortable to me



Evening sun coming through the windows



Bing enjoying the outside from the inside



We're still under construction with the dock



Working on the ol' breakwall as well



We brought this wine barrel home
from Pentiction
My summer planting is now complete



I noticed this sparrow at the bird feeder
He has a feather stuck to his beak
He was very frustrated
He would shake his head
over and over again

Saturday afternoon we drove down to Chatham
to stay the night with friends
'Peggy and Charles'
We drove out to a forest near Ridgetown





This was one big tree that came down
It must have happened recently as the leaves are still very green


We were out of the forest area



We turned around and went back the way we came
It was interesting to see the forest
when we walked in the opposite direction
We missed many things on the 'first' walk


There were many wind turbines along the way



We noticed this house on our way
to Clear Creek Forest
Would you believe my camera was in the
TRUNK OF THE CAR
So............we had to make sure we got a photo on our way home

It must have been quite the home at one time


Look at the detail around the window frames

Just look at the inside of the house
Boy...if walls or rooms could talk
What would the story be???

One lonely tree in the back field




Across the street from Peggy and Charles' home is
Riverview Gardens
This is where St. Joseph's Hospital once was
Being born and raised in Chatham
St. Joe's
was our hospital
My Mother was born there
June 11, 1914
My Mom's sister
Dee Dee
June 11, 1918
My brother Gary
October 8, 1942
Joe
November 21, 1940
Me
December 27, 1942
Joe's sister Alice
December 29, 1942
(We were in the nursery together)
Jennifer
June 22, 1966
Graham
March 22, 1971
A lot of 'family' babies
I can still visualize the hospital
as to how it looked
way back in the 40s!



We're now back in Sarnia
We drove by the Chrysler dealership
to take a look at our new truck
We pick it up tomorrow
We were tossing around names
Most of them silly names
Anyone out there have a suggestion?????
It will be ........... Blue
or Blue ............

NOW YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT
YOU ARE GOING TO MEET
'GEORGETTE'
GWENDOLYN'S SITTER



GIGGLE
I don't even have to say anything!!!!!!!!!!

you all know georgette!!!!!



We had a duck come to the feeder this evening
I wonder if it is the same one
that was here last year
and the year before???
I bet it is



Another beautiful day
in the neighbourhood




6 comments:

  1. Love your blogs. I thought Gary was born in 1940.
    You'll love your truck we have the same model (black) and two years older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue PAS (Penticton Arizon Stag Island

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh sweet adorable Gwennie :o) !! I was whispering in her ear....lol. I'm delighted to see Bing enjoying the outdoors via indoors ! That old house has me intrigued. It surely must of been grand in it's day. What a reno project that would make eh Joe ? lol Thank you Dianne for including me in your blog with my favourite subject :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truck? Are the animals going to fit in the back seat??? Is Bing on probation since his outdoor adventure? Nice to see what you have been doing. Loved the details on the old house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun being with you to Explore Cold Creek Forest enjoyed your shots.
    That old house intrigued me....what a tale could be told by the original owners - wish I could meet them.
    Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Tom's - let me know.

    P & C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stories today Dianne...Love you . Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.