Thursday, June 30, 2011

WHAT SNOW BIRDS??????


THIS IS THEIR STORY
Canadian Armed Forces Snow Birds
are a 9 plane formation team

Once their manoeuvers are mastered
and the team is comfortable
with the routine
the Snow Birds deploy to
CFB Comox
for special training
After approvals are obtained
an 'acceptance show' is performed at Moose Jaw Saskatchewan
The team goes on to perform shows throughout North America
from May until October

LAST EVENING THEY WERE IN SARNIA

We left the cottage at 4:20 in the afternoon in order to be
at our friend's home
in Bright's Grove
in lots of time to see the
Snow Birds fly
out over Lake Huron



While waiting for the planes
I was intrigued by children
playing in the waters of
LAKE HURON

I could tell from their screams that the water was cold

Ah to be young again!

My son Curtis called me a wimp
the other day when I told him
I had not been in the river yet

Even at my age I don't like
to be called a
WIMP

Maybe I will get up enough nerve
this weekend and get in the river
Will have to show Curt I can do it
After all
tomorrow is the beginning of July

The dog's owner was throwing a stick in the lake
The bigger dog went for the stick
Little guy waited on shore

A good water shake

Here he comes again
with stick in mouth

I was definitely being entertained
while waiting for the
'birds'


This fellow would rather sit with his master

I HEAR THE ROAR OF THE JET ENGINES


Over the lake they go

WE WAITED FOR THEM TO COME BACK INTO SIGHT




The Snow Birds put on a display
at Canatara Park which is on the shore of Lake Huron
We were in Bright's Grove which is about
a 15 to 20 minute drive

SO.................


They were far away!!!

What was I thinking?????

I thought

 they would fly back and forth out into the lake

I thought

 the planes would fly closer to us while performing their routine

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Next time maybe we'll go to Canatara

HOWEVER

we had great burgers
and even better company

it really doesn't get any better than that!


I took 150 pictures
many many seagull pictures
thought this one was different
It looks like the bird is suspended in space


Even had a few turkey vultures fly over

The four of us sat around a bonfire and watched the sun go down


Cute eh!!


Sun is down
We're ready to head down river

SUPER GREAT EVENING






2 comments:

  1. It is nearly the Fourth of July weekend here. Air shows are often a part of the celebrations. Looks like you were well entertained. Ken is looking good. AND I can't believe I am the first to post! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That suspended seagull reminds me of a dove :o) Sounds like you and Joe had a wonderful time nevertheless as I don't think they were serving up supper at Canatara park...lol. That sunset is gorgeous and Dianne you sure take great photos !! Have a great Canada Day my friend and hug Gwennie for me !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.