Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TUESDAY JUNE 28TH


I was up at the crack of dawn this morning
thanks to Bing.......
He was in one of his 'racing' modes
He flew up to the bed
He flew over Gwendolyn
He flew over me

I got up to check the time
6:30 a.m.
Once again it was so calm
outside so I decided
to put the coffee on
and enjoy the quiet of the morning

I took my coffee and camera
outside and sat in my rocking chair

Even at that early hour the
 wind was  up


The birds were having their breakfast
under the pine tree
and


At the birdfeeder
and


At the niger seed feeder


Bing came outside with me
He was in my sight at all times!

I went to town later
Did my thing at Curves
then
headed to the grocery store

When I got back on the island
I filled my bike basket
Had a bag on each handle bar
plus a long plain bag of popcorn which I held on to with a few fingers

SLOW BUT SURE I MADE MY WAY FROM THE FERRY
THROUGH THE FOREST
DOWN THE PATH
TO HOME
i even managed to stay on my bike!!


I did a bit of painting
just a bit
Helped Joe move containers from the bunkie
to the new storage shed
Didn't Joe do an outstanding job!!!!!!!!!!!!


I moved the outdoor chairs
from the front
yard to the back yard
Tomorrow I will sand them
 down and get
them ready for painting

RED IS THE COLOUR




Joe was reorganizing his tool shed and box
When one moves from a house with a
BASEMENT
to a cottage as a permanent home
it takes 'skill' to find a place for everything


Mr. Bing wanted to come outside

WIND WIND WIND


Man did the weather ever change
The wind was out of the west


Had to move furniture around
Had to take plants and move them off the deck


Came in the cottage to start dinner
There they were
Can't tell you how much they love their blanket


This evening I looked out the window
There he was
The fisherman is in a
ROW BOAT
He was out in front of the cottage last night too
He comes from the other side of the river
Imagine rowing a boat back home
in the dark!!!!!!!!!

ANOTHER GOOD DAY



6 comments:

  1. Did you ride your Electra cruiser?! So much work painting all those chairs!! I don't envy you and I like to paint sometimes. I'm a little over it at present as I am painting walls!! But they are my very own walls!!!!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day in Canadian Land. I hope you didn't drop one
    little morsel of popcorn, it's like gold to some people.

    Everything is looking great. Can't wait to see the chairs.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, RED...they will look very inviting. Good little bed time story mom! SB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an active couple you both are !!! For sure there is always something to do....a home is always perpetually a work in progress be it outside or inside. I feel really sleepy looking at the picture of Bing and Gwendolyn snuggled up together.....just like I do with her :o) !! Yes she who sleeps with dogs !! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painting! We are also doing a painting project. But I am tired of it already! ha ha Thanks for sharing a little piece of life on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is still on the shed!(:

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.