Wednesday, June 22, 2011

OUR RIVER OF COMFORT


Yesterday morning I woke up around 5:45 a.m.
I tried going back to sleep but
NO LUCK
When I came out to the living room
I immediately grabbed my camera
and
out the door I went

IT WAS SO PEACEFUL ON THE RIVER
COMPLETE SILENCE EXCEPT FOR THE BIRDS


I headed for the dock


I looked down river


I looked up river

When I took the photo I did not see the seagull
sitting on the log


The sun is coming up over the cottages


The water was like glass
Nice reflection


A little later I could hear a boat going back and forth
The first water skier of the season
and
NO SPOTTER IN THE BOAT


It was time to head to the mainland
Gwendolyn was going to town with Joe
I was going to Chatham for my
hair cut
The boat 'ties up' at Pier 90

Gwennie stays in the boat while Joe cranks it up

Out of the boat and into the..........

The truck

She is set to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe and his 'girlfriend' are off




I spotted the swam as I was coming up to Sombra
When I got out of the car I was pleasently surprised
to see the gathering of baby Canada geese


Back on the island
Is the kite pulling the kayak?????

Last evening we had quite the thunder storm
Late today we had another storm
It was a douser

I think Sarnia was getting hit first
but then.....

WHOA

later after the storm passed
I had my bath
I looked out the window
and saw the sun
I was out of the bath so fast

THE SUN AND A GENTLE RAIN
MEANT THERE WAS A
RAINBOW

There you go!!!!!

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER

5 comments:

  1. Hi Di
    We saw the same rainbow on our way to Mary beth's earlier this evening. I always feel the same way about rainbows---- a sign of blessing. they make me smile. One hundred miles apart but looking up at the same sky
    Thanks Dianne

    Love Mugan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to make some cards up mom, beautiful photos. I actually like them as postcards myself. You are right about dad and his girlfriend...who would've ever guessed another female would come into dad's life like Gwen, and more shocking a DOG! SB

    ReplyDelete
  3. We looked for a rainbow as well last evening and were not lucky enough to see one and by virtue of your blog I do see it !!!!! Thank you. Awh my gorgeous Gwennie :o) Doesn't she look regal in her new blue charriot ? ! Love that girl !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool photo of the house under the rainbow! DB :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi:

    We misssed the rainbow as it just continued to rain here.
    You had everything that day - early morning calm. I remember those days when we were at our cottage in N. B. Precious moments.
    P & C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.