Saturday, June 18, 2011

TWO MONTHS INTO OUR CANADIAN YEAR


The past two blogs have been on
New Zealand
I am going to save the rest of the photos for
another day or days

Joe and I were commenting
today on how time flies
We have been on the island
now for two months
and a week

Since being here we have seen this Salty
go up the river many times
She's carrying turbine 'parts'


Mr. and Mrs. Duck have returned
They have been coming to the bird feeder for a few years now



Perseverance 11
What's the story behind the name??

I do not recognize the ship's registry??????


My peony bush is blooming

Along with the Iris



I was up one morning at 6:15 and saw this fellow
go by
It was so peaceful

I must say
I did go back to bed though!!!


A misty morning
The Roger Blough is going by
'He blew his horn'
I thought
How nice, he is acknowledging me!!!!
HA-HA
A freighter was coming the other way

Wishful thinking

As you know
the Blough is my all time favourite freighter


This photo was taken through the window
as it was raining
The name of the yatch is
Bella Nha
It was flying the British flag
Where is she going?
Where is she coming from?


The flowers got a good drink from the rain

The sky was getting pretty dark
You can see that Joe is building again
He is making a shed that will go up against
the back of the cottage
He is using the wood from the old dock
Waste not want not!!!!


We are loving our new dock
I wish the grandchildren were
coming home this summer
We would have many a
RUN
out to the end of the dock
and into the river



Another misty morning



Surprise surprise
Mrs. Duck has laid an egg in the wine barrell
which is out on the dock
Mrs. Duck did not come back to the nest all day yesterday
I thought maybe she abandoned the egg
This morning I went out to check
just in case
I clomped clomped out on the dock
All of a sudden Mrs. Duck flew out of the nest
She scared the heck out of me as I could  not see her
and was not expecting her to be there
I scared the heck out of her too




Bing is the funniest cat we have ever had
Talk about personality!!!!!


The BC flag has been replaced by the Arizona flag


We are slowly getting organized outside
Still have to work on the patio set
It took a tumble the day of Curtis and Christine's wedding
The umbrella will have to be replaced



The plants and flowers are coming along beautifully
Our daughter Jennifer
 'the gardener'
will be happy!


Update on the shed

This morning we went to the Cromwell Grill
for breakast


We then went to the market
Here is Graham's friend
Stephanie Purdy and her husband
A great place to pick up fresh fish

Late this afternoon there were two cats sleeping
Later I looked over and this is what I saw!!!!!!!!



Bing is a funny cat!!!!!!!!!!!
Every day he does something to make us laugh



LIFE IS GOOD FOR THIS CAT







2 comments:

  1. Cottage looks great Dianne, loved the photo's
    Beautiful!!!!
    I,m with you so wish the grandchildren were coming also, and yes they would love the new dock,

    EB

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, comfy looking cottage. I love it. Bing is so cute and isn't that the longest paw/leg you've ever seen ? She has a very wonderful life that's for sure. As do all pets who call your place home :o) !! If that big boat knew it was your favourite it would honk it's hello to you each and every time it went by !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.